Friday, February 15, 2013

Be Still and Know that I Am GOD

A lot has happened since my last post. The Lord felt it necessary to take away a joy out of our lives. I was 6 weeks pregnant and miscarried last weekend. We have both felt the love and support from our families and friends and want to thank all of you who have expressed your sympathy towards us. We also want to say that while we are still saddened by the loss of this dear precious gift, we also feel a sense of comfort knowing this child is now in the arms of the Almighty. Because we both are children of the covenant, we believe this baby is also a child of the covenant and therefore we are comforted to know the baby is now in the land of the living. We both are doing well otherwise and are thankful that I am not experiencing more symptoms than I am. We know that if it wasn't in the Lord's will for us to experience such a trial then it would not have happened. 

"And all the inhabitants of the earth [are] reputed as nothing: and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and [among] the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" (Daniel 4:35)

Thank you for your constant prayers for us, we feel them everyday. 

2 comments:

Anneke Naves said...

Hi Lenelle & Ian,
Even though we don't know each other (I go to the Hamilton FRC and have really enjoyed Ian's preaching) I wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your loss and will keep you both in my prayers. What a comfort to know that some day you will meet in heaven.

Lenelle said...

Thanks Anneke.