Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Garden

This year I have great ideas for the garden. In fact, I plan to have a vegetable garden as well! So to get started.. I had to prep the ground (the ground in our yard is terrible for growing things!) There was hardly any top soil laid down when I bought the house so I needed to do that myself. 

Here is the "vegetable garden" area. I have been trying to do a compost there through out the winter so there is some good nutrients in the soil by the time I plant the veggies.

Next, I started my own little plants in the house. I took old egg cartons (that can decompose in the ground) and planted different seeds into each carton. Right now I have peas, yellow beans, and sweat peppers growing... 

.....you can see the little sprouts already peaking through the soil!

Some pictures of the back garden.. just starting to bloom. This was taken right before the huge rain fall we had last week! 

The purple Hyacinth was first to bloom. 

More to come on the garden, I have strawberries, blueberries, carrots, watermelon, beets and a few flowers to plant yet!



No comments: