Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

Happy New Year Everyone!

the beginning of a new year makes one look back on the previous year and count the blessings the Lord has given us.
  • life
  • healthy family
  • a public place of worship
  • work
We also tend to think on the negative parts of the past year and that makes me think what changes am I going to do in my life so as to not go through the same problems again. Not only in our physical or social activities but also in our spiritual daily walk with the Lord. In what way am I going to change my life style to draw myself closer to the Lord? How do I keep myself from falling into the same old routine I had gotten into the previous year?
  • finding a quiet place of study for the Word of God
  • taking 15 minutes every morning and/or evening to study the Bible
  • listening to sermons from sermonaudio.com to enhance your knowledge of the scriptures
  • Spending time with those who are knowledgeable in the scriptures and having discussions
Now these options seem like a good idea till you try to put them into your life style. It doesn't seem realistic but nothing will seem realistic if you make your life style worldly. The Lord requires us to study His word, to increase our knowledge of the scriptures. So if you are a true believer washed in the blood of the lamb then trying one of these options will help you start learning more about our Creator and Lord.

I wish everyone a Blessed New Year, growing in the grace of our Lord and Savior. Relying on Him in all things.


Lenelle

No comments: