Monday, December 31, 2012

My Master's Time

My Master's Time
Robert Murray M'Cheyne

"Redeeming the time, because the days are evil" Ephesians 5:16

What right have I to steal and abuse my Master's time? 'Redeem it', He is crying to me.

The time is short! - the season near,
When death will us remove,
To leave our friends, however dear,
And all we fondly love!

The time is short! Sinners, beware,
Nor trifle time away;
The work of 'great salvation' hear,
'While it is called today'.

The time is short! Ye rebels now
To Christ the Lord submit;
To mercy's golden scepter bow,
And fall at Jesus' feel.

The time is short! Ye saints rejoice,
The Lord will quickly come:
Soon shall ye hear the Bridegroom's voice,
To call your spirits home.

The time is short! It swiftly flies,
The hour is just at hand,
When we shall mount above the skies,
And reach Emanuel's land.

Wishing you and your family a blessed and prosperous 2013. 
Ian & Lenelle

No comments: